The site will feature a range of living options including apartments, townhouses and single residences. On completion, Shoreline will feature a main street linked to a beach plaza, dining and entertainment areas, a primary school and 7.5 hectares of public open space including landscaped parks with boardwalks, a sports playing field and a public square.
Some of the elements that helped achieve the accreditation include:
- Comprehensive remediation across the site.
- Planting of local native vegetation.
- Landscaping focused on street tree environment and vegetated public open space.
- Proactive waste minimisation and requirement for developers to recycle or reuse a minimum of 60% of all built-form construction waste.
- Solar passive design and natural ventilation encouraged by design.
- Encouragement to install solar energy and hot water heating.
- Energy efficient fixtures, appliances and lighting.
- All apartments submetered and required to be built to a 7-star NatHERS rating.
- Waterwise fixtures and appliances such as toilets, taps, washing machines and dishwashers to reduce water use by at least 20 per cent.
- All apartments submetered to allow residents to monitor individual consumption.
- Waterwise native gardens and landscaping in public open spaces with hydrozoning to maintain efficient irrigation.
- Design focus on walking, cycling and access to public transport to reduce reliance on private vehicles.
- Diversity of housing and commercial options with medium and high density residential, retail, restaurants, schools and tourism.
- High quality streetscape, public and open spaces and direct walking access to beach.
- Universally accessible spaces and options for living.