DEVELOPER: Seaspray Project Management
CATEGORY: Mixed Use
CERTIFICATION: Ecosystems, Energy, Water, Community
Seaspray is a residential community on Central Queensland’s Capricorn Coast committed to creating a relaxed coastal lifestyle whilst at the same time ensuring this environmentally sensitive community and natural surrounds are maintained and preserved.
Surrounded on three sides by National Park, Seaspray includes 400 residential allotments, sites for the development of 200 units, The Rec Club Seaspray, the Donovan Hill designed Seaspray Resort, village with local shops, community arts facility and meeting hall.
Key features include:
• creation of 61 hectares of National Park protecting and enhancing existing native ecosystems, encouraging natural systems and biodiversity including rehabilitation
• establishment of an on-site Nursery where in excess of 20,000 plants/year are propagated using locally collected seeds for street landscaping and parkland
• site specific Design and Building Covenants allowing for individual expression whilst ensuring homes blend with the environment, respond to site contours, and use climate sensitive design principles
• establishment of ‘Seaspray Living Homes’ and ‘Seaspray Design Team’ to build homes demonstrating excellence in urban design principles, planning and sustainability
• completion of The Rec Club Seaspray at an early stage of the project to nurture a vibrant community lifestyle with extensive facilities
• implementation of the ‘Seaspray Stormwater Management Plan’ to improve water efficiency by retaining and developing existing dams to capture and re-use stormwater minimising the use of town water and sediment run-off