Bush-Change – Preserving native bushland in Perth
The vision for Bushmead is to create a truly sustainable community that minimises its environmental footprint and ensures the natural features, benefits and attractions of the estate remain unspoilt for future generations. Bushmead is surrounded by 185 hectares of retained natural bushland (comprising two thirds of the development), meaning every household is truly connected to the bush. As a result of its commitment to sustainability, Bushmead has achieved the UDIA’s 6-Leaf EnviroDevelopment certification.
To achieve EnviroDevelopment certification in six leaves, Bushmead has shown committed to the following:
- Energy – Majority of homes in Bushmead will be climate responsive and solar passive in design. This will result in a 40% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions compared to homes built to the minimum compliance standards.
- Waste – During the development and construction phase, Cedar Woods has taken significant measures to reduce waste generation and have reused or recycled 80% of construction and demolition waste in Bushmead (20% more than required).
- Community – Bushmead will bring the community together through thoughtful design to create a safe, vibrant, and cohesive community.
- Water – Bushmead is an endorsed Waterwise Development (issued by Water Corporation WA) and homes are designed to reduce water use and achieve significant savings. Every home at Bushmead includes a Rainwater Tank up to 3000L.
- Materials – Bushmead uses a minimum of 20% reused, recycled or renewable materials in construction.
- Ecosystems – Since purchasing the land in 2010, Cedar Woods has worked tirelessly to obtain planning, environmental and development approvals, to ensure Bushmead will be developed in an environmentally sensitive and sustainable manner.
As a result of the above, Bushmead was awarded the UDIA WA 2018 EnviroDevelopment Chairman’s Choice Award and the 2019 Residential Development Award (more than 250 lots) from UDIA WA. Cedar Woods, together with the Bushmead residents, have created a unique place in which the community can live and thrive for years to come.