This considers demolition or land clearing phases as well as construction and post-construction phases.
Reduced waste sent to landfill, more efficient use of resources.
Development that has implemented waste management procedures and practices which reduce the amount of waste that is disposed of to landfill and facilitates recycling.
- Encourage recycling of construction and demolition materials and reduce the amount of waste being dispatched to landfill.
- Minimise on-site pollution during the construction phase.
- Promote the re-use of existing buildings and materials and reduce demand for resources.
- Promote occupancy awareness and encourage recycling, composting and waste reduction through the provision of appropriate facilities.
- More efficient use of resources.