This includes consideration of consultation, transport, community design, local facilities and safe, accessible housing.
Vibrant, cohesive, healthy, happy, adaptable, sustainable communities.
Development that encourages community spirit, sustainable local facilities, reduced use of private motor vehicles and accessible and flexible design that welcomes a diversity of people and adapts to their changing needs.
- Consultation with surrounding community and traditional owners
- Encourage community cohesiveness through facilities, networks and sub-division layout design / master plan
- Encourage use of public transport or walking and cycling etc
- Accessible local employment, education and services to encourage cohesive community and reduce the need for regular travel beyond the local area
- Encourage safe, accessible, comfortable housing and facilities
- Protection of heritage where appropriate
- Maintenance of community assets